Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Red-letter day



Exciting news! First, Karen found out that she got the Watson Fellowship! So she's going to go study in Russia for a year! Which means I'll be going to visit--probably over Christmas. (Deal with crossing that parental bridge when it comes around....)It's so exciting, because now that we both have plans, and that most of our other friends do, too, the future seems so much more close, and more real. It's really happening; we're really going to graduate from Colby and go out into the real world. Ahhhh! It's exciting...and scary!Also found out that I got into Phi Beta Kappa. Very unexpected. But it made me happy and proud--Mom and Dad will be psyched, too. At least I've accomplished ONE thing that Mom wanted me to accomplish.Upshot: I'm feeling good. A little dazed, perhaps, but good! :)

No comments: