Sunday, September 9, 2007

It's been a while...



It has been a while! Sorry about that; I guess I just haven't had much of interest to say.Mom came up to visit this weekend. It was a good/bad thing. I really liked seeing her and I was really grateful that she came up, but I always feel like I'm walking on eggshells with her. I want her to know that I love her and care about her, but when I try to show her, she's never receptive. So then I feel like she's being critical and I get all defensive and then she thinks I don't care...it's a really vicious cycle. Anyway, all told it wasn't as terrible as it could have been, so I suppose that's a good thing.Went to Julie's senior scholars presentation today; it was really good. It was interesting in and of itself, which was nice. I also had some cool insights into the whole Laura/Julie thing and set my mind at ease about a few things. And I also decided (again...and who knows for how long) that I want to go to grad school in two years--for religious studies. I know it's weird that Julie's presentation on queer mutiny got me inspired to go study religion, but I was just thinking about how the divide and philosophical/political diversity in the queer community is kind of similar to the divides among the early Christians and how religious studies really needs someone to "queer" it...anyway, I'm odd, I know. I'm going to ask Carleen if she wants to have lunch sometime in the next week and a half so I can pick her brain about it all. Maybe I'll get something definitive out of that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Flores Online, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://flores-on-line.blogspot.com. A hug.