Monday, August 27, 2007

Randomness



So, the Pequod might want to publish my story "Pilgrimage"--depends on how much space they have. It's exciting that they're even interested, though; the Pequod is really competitive. I've been submitting stuff for four years and this is the first time I've had even a glimmer of interest. So, yay!Sherman Alexie tonight. I'm SO excited! The other night Karen, Sarah W. and I watched "Smoke Signals." The man is such a genius. I can't wait to see him speak.Ran away to the beach yesterday with Karen, Lena, Janine and Carolyn. Very fun...though the car ride down and back was actually a bit more enjoyable than the actual destination. April in Maine does NOT generally equal beach weather!The AIDS carnival last night was way fun, as was little Laura and Cara's communist party afterwards. Except that I think there were a couple of people there who are still suspicious of me. Not liberal enough for them...and I write for the Echo, which of course makes me an automatic asshole. Right. I hate people, sometimes.Okay, so all that really was a bunch of randomness. Apologies. I'm just feeling kind of chill right now. I'll be more organized and coherent in my thinking later, I promise.

No comments: