Friday, August 24, 2007

Ups and downs, highs and lows



Lots to say...it's been a very full week. Easter was this weekend; it was great. Karen, Ben and I went to the Russian Orthodox service in Richmond, which I really enjoyed. Then I shirked working on a paper for Laurie (okay because I got it done on time anyway) to go to the CS service with Karen on Sunday morning. I find that even though I feel like there's a lot lacking in the CS church and in its service, I still get a lot out of it, which of course is nice. And Mass on campus was also good. Laura came, and it was really good to see her back in church. My sense is that it helps her remember...those things that need to be remembered. Also, Phyllis and her kids came, and I think that Phyllis was pleasantly surprised. It was really good, because my only sticking point with her has really been that she doesn't get why I'm still so spiritual. I think Mass on Sunday may have helped her understand.On Tuesday, Jack managed to thoroughly piss me off by making an ignorant, inflammatory comment about Catholics. The kid needs to learn to apologize, because someday he's going to offend someone who won't be quite so subtle as me. As it is, I'm responding the best way I know how, by writing a column for next week's Echo. It was just kind of the final straw as far as people disrespecting spirituality and religion on this campus.Things have been looking up since then, though. Particularly since tonight I got to have dinner with Laura. It needed to be done, and it was really, really good to reconnect with her. We got to talk about some things, and I think I managed to make her understand the complexities of my love life--with some help from the Big Guy of course. I just really wanted to her to get it, because I really want her to have what I have. It would be so, so great for her--I just want to see her happy again.So that's what's been going on with me lately. I'm having a meeting with another TFA corps member who's visiting campus on Friday. Hopefully that will renew the excitement about heading to Texas--something needs to, because it's waning fast. Sigh. I wish I wasn't so torn about this...

No comments: